Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Sunday, January 17, 2016

What If

There it was right in front of us, the biggest lottery jackpot in the history of the lottery. In an instant someone's life could change forever. Would you be ready for that change? So we all play the game of what if? We make plans as to what we could or would do if we won the money? Is it that we are unhappy with life as is. Would this sudden influx of wealth make you happier?
    Let's paint a picture of sudden wealth, friends, family and people you don't even know are  coming out of the woodworks with hard luck stories telling you why they need the money.  People you don't know are stalking you and breaking into your house or car to try and get to your money. Then comes the impossible task of investing your sudden wealth. What you once considered a good life before has suddenly turned upside down.  We all had good intentions of all the good we could do with that massive amount of  money. The truth is what we could or would do is now an unknown. We will never know.  I surely would have paid for an elaborate ,beautiful wedding with the winnings. Then what, give to charities and do some good, maybe set up family for life if they manage it well.  Then they are suddenly forced into the topsy turvy life of sudden wealth. 
   It would be great to come into some money but truthfully I'm good. I have a great job, I get to wake up share my life with my best friend every day.  I have what need and some wants as well. We aren't hurting financially so while it would be great to play the what if game its not really necessary. I'm sure if you thought about it you feel the same. I honestly believe the Good Lord gives you what you can handle and be responsible with.  I look at the wealthy in our society and not in all cases but a lot its those individuals being responsible enough with their wealth to provide us employment and an opportunity to provide for our families.  I will take what I have been given and do my best with it. I will leave the what ifs to someone else.  #bethankfulforwhatyouhave.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment