Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Be Careful

Anytime I leave the house I can always be assured I will hear "I love you" and "Be careful".  I realize it's not just something to say. It's heartfelt and Cynthia's way of saying please come to me safely.  She realizes and knows I do not have control over the people that choose to drive dangerously and are only thinking of themselves.  She wants me to be alert and drive carefully. 
    I am blessed that I have someone who wants me come home safely every night.  Someone who enjoys spending our nights together.  Our plan is to grow old together.  It's just her way of telling me she loves me and worries about my safety.  I don't ever want to take that for granted. 
   This is not something new I heard my mom tell my dad the same every morning as he was heading off to work.  She worried too about dad because she loved him.  It's not just in the mornings, it is anytime I leave to go anywhere.  There are no guarantees of our safety and the  truth is that we often assume or just flat take for granted arriving to our destination safely.
    Today is a simple thought.  Be thankful for the one who worries and thank God for safe travels. 
Whatever else you do please be careful.
Kenneypope1984@gmail.com
Kenney "Bigskinny" Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment