Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Confession

I am a little self centered. I think that's why I chased radio for so many years. The little recognition and spotlight fed my insecurities.  I wasn't popular in school so I thought that chasing that dream would make up for shortcomings. Somewhere along the way I determined my opinion was all that mattered.  I closed everything and everyone else out and for that I apologize.  I realize that everyone has opinions and think a certain way and that's ok.
    I don't have to always be right and that is fine.  Life as we know it consists of many people and many opinions.  The one person that I never want to shut out is my best friend. She has no problem accepting me for who I am. She knows my shortcomings and still loves me. I will say that amazes me.  She sees all my insecurities and does her best to show me every day I have everything I ever wanted and more.  She sees the glass half full and I'm the opposite.  I am always looking for the other shoe to drop. There is no doubt God sent her my way to provide a balance in my life which she does if I don't tune her out. I will admit I have to work on that.  I know that I could never find anything close to what she is to me.  I am learning its ok to disagree, its not a lack of love its just not  everyone grew up the same way and we all learned how to deal with life differently. Just because our parents didn't raise us the same doesn't make your way wrong.  It pays to listen and learn.  Sit on your tongue and listen to someone else's point of view. You might just find out their way is better.  Look I know my shortcomings will not be fixed overnight. It's a constant battle daily.  I won't make excuses I will just set forth daily to be the best version of me that I can.  That is my new year's resolution.  This is a truth, your best friend and mate should be able to talk freely to you about anything. That's what makes for a great relationship and a lifetime of happiness.  The fact is you can disagree and I can just say I respect and listen to your opinion. If you know me you will realize that in itself is a huge step in the right direction. Then there is the issue of patience. That is a blog for another day.
Kenneypope1984@gmail
Kenney"Big Skinny" Pope
PS I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment