Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Friday, May 8, 2015

That little voice

As a child, mom and dad are there for you to make the big decisions. As we get older and if we are fortunate, we still have them in our lives for their wisdom and advice. We can then use that advice along with other factors to sometimes make life choices.
      I will say that for me,  I've made a lot of well, let's just say, not well thought out choices. I miss the days where I could have a heart to heart with my mom. That's not to say I can't get advice from my dad. He is just more of a do what you think is right kind of guy. 
     One thing I am beginning to realize more and more is the gut feeling or that still small voice that speaks to you is worth listening to.  I honestly believe that is God's guidance in our lives.  Just like our parents did sometimes God will sometimes let you make choices that aren't the best for you.  He will teach you patience if you don't get ahead of his plans.  God wants the best for us and never wants us to just settle.  I'm not talking prosperity or name it claim it type things. I'm talking about your needs. Its all there if you just wait for it in his time.
   Here is my example that brought this point home.  Two weeks ago I took a job that promised prosperity and financial security. They promised a two week training to get you prepared for the job you were about to undertake. The CEO of the company said he was a Christian talked about his church and that put me at ease. This job was strictly commission so the training was vital to get you up and running properly.  I had been offered a job prior to my acceptance of afore mentioned job with a guaranteed salary and benefits I decided to go with the commission job.
      That still small voice was talking and I was not listening. My reasoning was that this future employer is a Christian therefore this must be where God wants me.  Hey if we learned anything in church its that Satan is a deceiver.  After 2 weeks in Austin with no training and zero success I was told if I didn't produce I would be cut loose. The company could not invest any more time in me. Are you kidding me? I was set out in Austin with no cards no brochures to knock doors and sell roofs. Would you buy from me? Yeah my point exactly. Recipe for failure. Yesterday I said adios to this nightmare but one thing was missing, a job waiting for me.
       Once again I hear that small voice inside me. Its the one offering guidance if I will listen.  Its telling me to send an email to the employer whose job I was set to take 2 weeks ago.  Come on small voice that job has been filled by now.  I am filled with panic because as of this moment I am unemployed with zero prospects.  Okay small voice at this point in time I have nothing to lose.  I write what I feel is a heartfelt apologetic email requesting consideration if the job is still open.  At this point I begin to call contacts looking for options. Well I did what the voice requested but I was not patient to wait for a response.  I got my response 4 hours later and happy to say Monday is a new work week and have a job to start with the company. 
       All I can say is never disregard that voice that speaks through your gut or heart. It will never steer you wrong. 
   By the way I had promised God if I made a sale this week I would be in Church on Sunday. I sold myself to a new employment opportunity by being honest and admitting I made a mistake. Hopefully I will see you there.
  God Bless
  Kenney Bigskinny Pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment