Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Saturday, March 21, 2015

I'm not ready to retire just yet

We no longer need you. That is one of the most gut wrenching things that a person can be told. I was called into the owners office for what I thought was going to be my yearly review. Imagine my shock and dismay when I was told that for economic reasons not only was I not getting a raise but my services were no longer needed. I am sure that my jaw must have hit the floor. I was third in new sales orders every month amongst 20 plus other sales personnel. All I could do was wonder why me? I sure wasn't prepared financially for this turn of events. We were just starting to get ahead. Now this is not a poor poor pitiful me, I realize that there are those that have it far worse than me. I am a fairly health 48 year old man. There are those who lose jobs because their health won't hold up and they are left to fight the system to get on disability,  So I am not looking for sympathy in any way.

       I have just suddenly came to the realization that I am not ready to retire. I know it's only been a week. I imagine there are those that plan and look forward to that day when that alarm clock will go off for the last work day, and they can spend their golden years on a cruise ship just cruising across the world. To be honest I don't guess I have really thought that far ahead. I mean it's all we can do to plan a week's worth of vacation.  I mean sure would it be nice to have more time to go fishing and camping and plan extra curricular activities and I know I would love more time with Cynthia. I am amazed that I don't get on her nerves  as much time as we spend together now. She loves me and I could not imagine in my wildest dreams a better mate to spend those golden years with.  Honestly though after a week of being off work I am literally going stir crazy. For Heaven's sake I am talking to a three pound dog like a human, In all honesty I think I talked to the dog before the lay off but you get my point. I was bored out of my mind. I am not sure if I have 20 years of activities planning in me. Oh I am hoping for 20 years so good Lord please don't take this as me wanting you to cut it short, Amen. I see my dad and he is enjoying retirement for the most part minus to 2 brain surgeries but that's for another story.  My round about point is I am not ready to retire just yet, so I guess this week I will be submitting another 50 or so resume's.  Please pray for my dog this week.



Kenney Bigskinny Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment