Life as I See It

Life as I See It
Me and my beautiful wife to be, Cynthia

Friday, March 13, 2015

A Job Well Done.

Well here it stands before us, another work week another Monday looms in the immediate future. That is probably enough to put anyone in a funk.
    While thinking about the events of this past week I really could not put my finger on anything that stood out and screamed write about me this week, and then it happened. You know one of those little moments in life that really doesn't just club you over the head with greatness but definitely stands out.
    Let me preface by saying this applies to every working individual. I spent over a decade right out of high school working for my dad and one thing he drilled into my brain was a work ethic. His question he posed to me on more than one occasion (because I'm hard headed ask Cynthia she will agree) was why do a job twice when you can do it right the first time. You see he did not want to pay me to redo something.  As a teenager I did not always appreciate the criticism but now as a grown adult in the workforce I totally get it and am glad my dad took the time and effort to teach me.
      Now on to the event that stands out this week. We have a customer that comes in 2-3 times a week. I always enjoy when he comes in because he makes me laugh. He is a short portly man close to my age. He gives me grief the second he walks through the doors. Its always in a fun way nothing mean. I give it right back to him.  You know the short jokes and I get the Shrek jokes.
      This customer is going through a rough time. Just less than a year ago his adult daughter was in a severe car accident. She suffered massive brain damage as a result. He and his wife were left to care for her for the rest of their lives. So needless to say he has some tough days.
   I have been blessed to be able to make people smile and laugh with my sense of humor. I try to use that ability to get through awkward, tough times. It works most of the time. I try to use it to lighten someone else's load.  You just never know what impression you will leave with someone.
      This particular customer comes in with a huge list of parts he needs so he is going to be there a while waiting on our warehouse to pull his order. That's cool we can cut up an wait.  It takes about 30-45 minutes to pull his order. He finally gets it and leaves.
  About 30 minutes later I get a phone call from him. I am expecting something to be wrong with his order such as we pulled the wrong items. No he just called to tell me he appreciated me doing a good job and that I am good at what I do.
      There is no better satisfaction than a job well done. You might get very little praise and think maybe no one notices. Believe me someone is watching you. Put a smile on your face and do your best. We all have trials and tribulations. The trick is learning how to use them to minister to others.
Have a blessed work week
God Bless
Kenney Bigskinny Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment